I thought I’d do a bit of a getting to know you area, for anyone that wants to know more about me, that maybe I don’t cover in my rambling posts, so to start off here are some facts about me;
- When I was a kid I appeared in the fishing program “Tight Lines” in the “young angler of the month” competition. Too cool, I know 😎, but I did enjoy going fishing with my parents, although I haven’t been since I was young and have no intentions to start again .
- I’ve also been a TV extra in a detective series when I was a bummy student (I was lady in bar after work 😂) that paid for my new tyres on my trusty old Micra, God I loved that car.
- I LOVE tea, I’m not a massive coffee fan, I only drink flavoured latte’s if I’m honest but I’m pretty sure I’m at least 80% tea.
- I have a degree in business, yep I’m more than just a tired face!
- People think my kids named my dog (he’s called Pumba, as in the warthog from the lion king) but he’s 4 and Maisie is not yet 2, it was all me!
- At 6ft tall I’m a bit of a giant, my kids also take after me with gigantism.
- I have a crippling fear of vomit, if someone is sick, even on TV I have a major panic attack.
- My favourite meal is a roast, can’t beat and I make a damn fine yorkshire pudding.
- We live in a rented home because it’s impossible to get on the housing ladder these days while paying private rent, which is frustrating as hell.
- My husband is pretty crafty with woodworking, he made me a sewing box and built a coffee table I designed amongst other things yet he’s never had proper training (ok that’s not about me but I had to chuck it in there)
- I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression and I still have to take medication to help keep level and I’m an avid supporter of “speak up” campaigns and breaking the stigma around mental health.
- One of my big fears is for my girls to end up with mental health issues and not feel they can talk about it. It’s something I work very hard on with them.
- Sometimes/mostimes crafts with my kids makes me want to stick pins in my eyes but I’m always proud of the end results and the playroom is covered in art.
- Apart from baking and crafting I love to read, anything from romance to horror depending on my mood, I also enjoy books on psychology, however finding time to read these days is nigh on impossible
- If we won the big win on the euromillions my fantasy is to have a home with a library like that in beauty and the beast.
- I also love water, I could live in the bath, back when we used to go on holiday I would pretty much spend my day in the sea/the pool, I’m now almost certain I’m part mermaid.
- I’m amazing at swimming on my front with no arms (probably better than with arms TBH) for this reason my sister gave me the name “the eel”.
- My best friend is the complete opposite to me in looks but we have the same mind and sense of humour back in sixth form we had a dream of having our own sketch show “The Lanky and Stumpy show”. She is also known as Egg and she’s always called me Noodle, she’s also my #1 fan ❤️
- I love animals (despite being a keen meat eater), I grew up going to the Aspinall zoo’s and reading about their conservation work, my husband and I have annual passes for both zoo’s at present and I love taking the girls there.
- My mum brought me up to believe in fairies and fantasy and to learn about some wildflowers (although I barely remember any) and I hope I can be the same for my girls. I want them to be lost in imagination and a magical fairy world, I want them to be daydreamers, I feel watching the news these days having that sense of hope and the magic you can get from it is so important.
- I love bloggers such as the unmumsy mum, brummy mummy of two and how to dad never fails to make me laugh. There are a lot of parent bloggers out there that I love!
- I was brought up on music like Queen, Meatloaf, T-Rex, Elton John and The Carpenters, which I still love and have on in my car these days.
- As a child I wanted to be an amazing guitarist and be just like Brian May (yes the hair and everything).
- This one is a pretty big one, it’s one I can see me getting the most flack for, but, I HATE Pizza, I can’t stand it, I like the ingredients to it (separately of course) but Pizza disgusts me. I’ve tried to like it, even in Venice but nope, it’s a no from me.
- If I could give some advice it would be to let go of the parent you imagined in your head, just be present, forgive yourself for not always being super mum/dad and take time out from being a parent to be you again or to be a partner. Give yourself up to being a parent but don’t give up on yourself and who you are.
So that’s a little insight to me 😊 Have you got any quirky facts about yourself?